Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-20-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Time for a heroic call?

Uh oh.

Results oriented much?
Old 12-20-2005, 08:39 PM

Well, like I said three months ago, when he underbet/3 bets it is either AA (and/or AcKc) or absolutely nothing. Do you believe him?

Of late, I tend to just call flops like these, but don't mind any other options much, either.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:49 PM

Well, whether I would have folded 99 in this hypothetical hand isn't all that important. Sometimes I call, sometimes I fold. It "depends." The point I'm trying to make is that all those people who say they insta call that semi bluff with any pair, are simply wrong. It's easy to pick off a bluff when you know the other guys bluffing, but when you look at it from a reverse perspective, its very easy to think this is an overpair. It's just interesting that when I reverse points of view, 0 people said "easy call" which is what some people in the other thread said it would be if they had a mid pair. Clearly this is a form of being results oriented. Although it isn't really results oriented, more like, knowing-my-hand oriented.

FWIW I wouldn't raise the flop with 99 either. Definitely would just call and reevaluate turn.