Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-29-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Results

in a 50+5, if i'm the preflop raiser and the caller bets out weakly into me on a 2 tone flop, it tells me that he has a piece of the flop, but not tp.

he's betting for information. if i go over the top, i'm representing top pair/overpair. he usually folds unless he was slowplaying a monster and trying to induce a raise, in which case i get crippled. (that's poker)

for this hand, i would fold w/3 overcards on the table. sure, he might have been on a flush draw. but since i'm not short on chips, why risk it?

anyway, you called. your call tells him that you also have a piece of the flop but nothing powerful since you're not raising to protect your hand. he will usually check the turn.

but since he didn't, i read his weak bet on the turn as a blocking bet for a cheap flush draw.

i read his min bet on the river as a value bet for his made flush. he figures that since you were playing so weakly that anything bigger might scare you off.

like i said, this is what i would have thought if it was a 50+5 sng w/no reads on the opponent. obviously, this doesnt apply to a tourny at the Orleans. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

btw- irie, you said his weak turn bet convinced you that he DIDN'T have a flush draw? Can you elaborate on how you came to this conclusion?