Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-21-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: I Just Had A Heart Attack And I Don\'t Have Health Insurance (Long)

[ QUOTE ]
Time to get insurance bro. Don't tell them a damn thing before getting it.

And take this as a cue to keep in shape and eat right. Heart attacks do happen, so if you don't want to be worried about this coming back on you, take preventive measures now by being in better health.

The tension in poker and the self-medication it's easy to indulge in after can be a real strain on the system and a deadly lifestyle. You really should stay in shape if you want to make it sustainable and not become a health basket case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I had no idea about this. Thanks for bringing this up. I know of a young lady (in her 20's) who had an actual heart attack and you can tell she's just starting to mentally recover from it. I know it's possible to have one at 26, and I will definitely get health insurance and get myself checked out as soon as possible.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: I Just Had A Heart Attack And I Don\'t Have Health Insurance (Long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Time to get insurance bro. Don't tell them a damn thing before getting it.

And take this as a cue to keep in shape and eat right. Heart attacks do happen, so if you don't want to be worried about this coming back on you, take preventive measures now by being in better health.

The tension in poker and the self-medication it's easy to indulge in after can be a real strain on the system and a deadly lifestyle. You really should stay in shape if you want to make it sustainable and not become a health basket case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I had no idea about this. Thanks for bringing this up. I know of a young lady (in her 20's) who had an actual heart attack and you can tell she's just starting to mentally recover from it. I know it's possible to have one at 26, and I will definitely get health insurance and get myself checked out as soon as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

My roommate's dad died of a heart attack in his early 30's, and so did someone's dad I used to work with. I've known a few people whose dads have died in their late 30's and early 40's from heart attacks. As I recall, none of them knew they were unhealthy or saw it coming.

So I've definitely been convinced that early heart attacks really can happen.