Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-18-2005, 09:46 AM

Default Re: How much would you pay? (No Content)

in response to the use of poker tracker, should it be surprising for me that noone it seems (but me) uses poker office?

i find it has alot more to offer than poker tracker barnone. everything is built in and you have that beautiful overlay with cute little icons as well as odds and can change what you run in the overlay for tracking... i.e. # of times folded to river bet, or flop-turn%, or won$ this session.

my cheap ass went through empire poker and played 250 raked hands to get it for free rather than pay the 69$ they ask for.

does anyone else use PO? i mean it has everything this post wants to know sans notes on you. if you dont know what it is i suggest checking it out.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:11 AM

gonores made a post similar to this. it might be in one of his 60k in 60 days journals.

he put the # quite high, but it seemed that most people disagreed and said it wouldnt be worth much at all.

personally id pay 20-30/hr for written player notes on me.
bc if they say, 'always checks turn when he whiffs AK type hands,' then i will start firing alot more turns and picking up more pots.

it definately has some value if you have a large player base. KKF prob wouldnt need it, bc he'll remember in detail most opponents he plays against and their history together.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:54 AM

I wish the great KKF would return and play the NL 2K on PP so I can see why everyone raves about him so much. Perhaps he is a great player, I would just like to see for myself.

Unfortunately though I think Prahlad is going to make sure KKF needs to start working at Walmart to afford groceries.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$0

[/ QUOTE ]

playing against only Mahatma doesn't count!! hehe
Old 11-18-2005, 02:47 PM

It's gotta be worth more than 0, unless everyone you play takes no notes.

And also, regarding the PT stats - you may have your stats for the session, but someone you play with on a semi-frequent basis might have very, very different stats for you.

I would imagine that the more valuable of the two would be the notes, if only because you could really take advantage of players who took them accurately. I'd think that the more a person took notes, the more they would rely upon them in making their decisions.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:32 PM

0.01 BB/hr

It wouldn't be worth much to me, since it probably would do little to change my strategy.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:45 PM

For those who say that it wouldn't change your strategy, I guess what I am getting at is this:

Imagine this hand:
You - AK spades
Him - 10 10

Board on then end makes you the nut flush, but there is no card over a 10 and the pot has grown big.

You see that your opponent has copious notes on you, and at the very top, it says: ALWAYS BLUFFS A FLUSH RIVER!!!

This isn't valuable info to you?
Old 11-18-2005, 04:25 PM

I just don't think notes come into play more than once every 100 hands or so.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:38 PM

i'd pay probably 500$ (each) to see what some of the regulars im playing against have on me as far as notes/pt. Obviously some people's (whom i only play once or w/e) notes wouldnt be anywhere near as valuable to me. If they knew that i got to see their notes on me... the amount i'd pay would go down at least tenfold.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:47 PM

If you play Party 5/10 6-max I'll gladly tell you my notes on you for $500.