Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-14-2005, 11:22 AM

Default A couple more weevil hands

Here are a couple of hands against him, think they were pretty questionable. CO in hand 1 is the reason I'm at this specific table, a 60/11/1.5 who was the only particular fish at the table. He/she had about a 45 WtSD and after about 500 hands seemed loathe to fold the flop. I'd been isolating pretty heavily. Turn bet is the absolute last money I'm putting in if CO still calls, and I'm not calling a second checkraise. The river is especially questionable. Capping preflop is an option.

In weevil's defense, he said he was very tired and playing kind of badly. That 99 hand especially is where I have a significant amount of trouble on which street and where to lay it down. I think my 88 hand is pretty questionable throughout.
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB weevil 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
weevil checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">weevil raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
weevil checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, weevil calls, CO folds.

River: (9.70 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
weevil checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, weevil calls.

Final Pot: 11.70 BB

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx
I am the SB, weevil is Hero. I think the river is pretty bad. He and I haven't played much together, but he can't think I play it heavy with AQ when he caps it preflop.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">brazilio 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, brazilio calls

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">brazilio bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">brazilio 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">brazilio bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">brazilio bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 11-14-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: A couple more weevil hands

hand 1: Does he c/r overcards here? His play looks strange. Your's looks ok depending on your read on him, but C/r's with 2 overcards on the board to my pp make me nervous on boards like this.

hand 2:
Why doesnt braz c/r the flop? I dont think many people go cap-check.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:46 PM

Hand 2, that I never thought of.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:04 PM

I think you should check-through the river in hand 1. At least if weevil is a 2+2 TAG, I can't keep all nicks straight sorry. Reason being that it looks like he has a marginal made hand he tried to protect on the flop and you have also played your hand like what it is, a marginal made hand. I expect him to have something like ATs or overcards he will fold. I any case I think he will have you beat most of the time he calls a river bet.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:09 PM

More on hand 1:

It seems possible that weevel thinks the hero is making a continuation bet and weevel is raising with strong overs to knock out the CO (gutshots perhaps) to give him a better chance of winning unimproved.

I dont know how likely this is though.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:10 PM

There's no way he has AT
Old 11-14-2005, 02:13 PM

AT is possible. With a really loose limper in the Cutoff, it often wont discourage that many steal attempts from the button. If he thinks you'll raise Jto with this really loose limper, I wouldnt be surprised if he 3bet AT.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:14 PM

What I meant was a marginal made hand that 3-bets from the BB pre-flop. That is what his play looks like until the river and that is what I base a river check on.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:16 PM

No, I mean there's no way he has AT because of his flop/turn action. Zero. Preflop that's easily within his range. A9 is a bit more possible. His turn action is so bizarre though, I put that out of his range as well.