Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-08-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Re: A few questions because I hate this hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 (poster) calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (18 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, SB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Anyone think we can be good here 1/20?

[/ QUOTE ]

*grunching*

PF:
I don't like to cap unsuited AK UTG with a huge field like this. It makes for nastiness later on. I'll call and see what develops. Against such a field, top pair won't win as often (as against a smaller field) So think AK is strong here, but it is weakened by so many other players in. I call the 3 bet preflop

FLOP:
c/c is good. Betting won't improve your situation, and i think the majority of the time (my opinion, but i think its true mathematically anyhow against such a big field) someone has you beat here. c/c call is good, hope to hit an A, K and bet if one hits the turn.

TURN:
15:1 is juicy, but you're not drawing to a boss hand! You're only tring to spike top pair, and it might not be clean. We can worry all day about reverse dom. or be up against a two pair etc, but i lean towards folding here. The board is drawy, and a top pair might not even win the pot here. I fold.

RIVER:
Ya. This blows. But i call just to stay sane. OOPS! on second thought...i fold cause someone just donk betted the river into a huge field. He likes the river, i don't! FOLD.

**Insteresting. MP1 FOLDED THE RIVER...
Old 11-08-2005, 04:14 AM

Default Re: A few questions because I hate this hand.

[ QUOTE ]
**Insteresting. MP1 FOLDED THE RIVER...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I found that very interesting too, I guess he had AK.

But as for the cap preflop out of position I really wanted to drive out UTG and UTG+1 preflop because I too do not like AKo against a large field.

I still think the chances folding these two players (or at least one) by forcing them to call 2 cold is worth an extra sb. This pot is going to be huge whether I flat call 3 bets or cap. Capping gives me the possibility of taking this flop 3 handed instead of 5 handed. (Sb isnt' folding for one more no matter what).

Also by my interpretation of SSH it isn't a bad thing to punish these players for limping preflop. Only myself and MP1 have done anything but call so I can expect to win more than 1/5 times here even offsuit.

Do you disagree? With what? The chances of making UTG and UTG+1 fold? or with what I say about punishing the limpers and winning more than 1/5 times here?