Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-01-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Paradise Poker --BESTsite ever.

[ QUOTE ]

fwiw, i have killed the site since day one, but can't get ahead at Party. however, i will defend Party's deal (and have many times).

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited for my own experience.

I've won 4.3 BB/100 at Paradise, and lost 2.2 BB/100 at Party, with nearly identical stats. Umm, which site is rigged again? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Variance is a cast-iron bitch.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Paradise Poker --worst site ever.

[ QUOTE ]
it's the worst site in terms of going on really hot or cold streaks. And by cold I mean you'll get KK vs AA in NL or you'll have AA vs KK and lose. Also if there was ever site that had a cashout curse paradise would be it.

My roomates all online pros and none really believe in sites or cashout curses but if we run bad at paradise the running joke is that you cashed out or they flipped the switch on you. It's an inside joke said in jest but other guys that we talk to have actually experienced the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is it rigged or not?
Old 10-31-2005, 02:37 PM

It is different at times....a raise in EP+1 will often get 5-6 seeing the flop at 5/10 full...not nessesarily a bad thing at all...
Not sure if I like it yet though, only ~1k hands
Old 10-31-2005, 03:24 PM

Phew, I thought it was just me! The suckouts there are just incredible. Paradise was my first online site, but that place can make you feel like you don't know a thing about poker. I don't honestly think it's rigged, but it can sure make you think so sometimes.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:50 PM

At one time i thought this site was 100% rigged,(even made a dumb post suggesting it), but experience has shown me the reality of varience. I am still winning about 1.85bb/hr after 70k hands there. All the advertising on the WSOP telecast with the million dollar freeroll has made some nice fish flock there. In my humble experience and opinion, i would play here over party or empire any day. Especially the 5-10 games are loaded with LAGS..

Also if anyone doubts the legitimicy of the shuffle at paradise over other sites like party????? Paradise is the only site that openly publishes there external audit by a HUGE US accounting firm. Try asking party about the legitimacy of there shuffle or look for info on there website about it and good luck getting any kind of CLEAR answer. Not at all saying party is rigged(it' not), but just stating a personal observation.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:38 PM

maulik is running bad and venting. that's somewhat (but not really) excusable.

anyone else who chimes in in support of paradise rigged in any manner is an idiot.

c
Old 11-01-2005, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
maulik is running bad and venting. that's somewhat (but not really) excusable.

anyone else who chimes in in support of paradise rigged in any manner is an idiot.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

If a site was truly rigged how do you think it would manifest itself here on 2+2? My guess is that it would come in the form of posts where many claimed something felt wrong about the site and not someone doing an in depth statistical analysis of 100k hands.

Of course people claiming something feels off is not evidence of rigging. More like evidence of them running bad.

If a site is proven to be guilty of rigging at some point in the future a lot of people will look like idiots for having claimed it was not rigged. In fact they will look as dumb as the people who claim a site is rigged without evidence that it is. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If a site was truly rigged how do you think it would manifest itself here on 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]
If properly done no one would notice the actual rigging. The site would attract the same number of wrong-headed complaints as any other about random variance events.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:17 PM

This just in: the looser the site, the higher the variance. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the players at Paradise. Unfortunately, every single other thing about Paradise blows goats. Their software needed an upgrade about five years ago, their support has no idea what question they're being asked at any given time, and their cashouts...well, I just got one within 24 hours, which constitutes a miracle.

I don't often play there, but it certainly isn't because of the quality of opponents.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their software needed an upgrade about five years ago, their support has no idea what question they're being asked at any given time, and their cashouts...well, I just got one within 24 hours, which constitutes a miracle.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. imo, software is awesome and they have fixed the speed issue.

2. imo, support is second to none. right up there with stars

3. i have not had a cashout take more than 24 hours in 2 years. usually done in less than 12 hours.

we agree that the games are softer than ever tho.