Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-15-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Got stiffed on a tip tonight

[ QUOTE ]
This doesn't excuse you from being courteous to the person that catered to your every whim during your dinner. When I'm at work, I'm doing you a service, so I expect to get fairly compensated for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you expect compensation, you should speak with your employer. However, in your op you stated you expect compensation whether you provide good service or not. This is not the same as catering to someone's every whim. You really need to get your story straight before you start whining like this.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, in your op you stated you expect compensation whether you provide good service or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just being realistic here. Since you've done this job, what was the usual tip if you didn't do such a hot job on a table for one reason or another? For me, it's somewhere around 10%. Most servers where I work would agree.

Also, when I say "a not so hot job," I don't mean disappearing into the kitchen for an hour and a half while they try to track me down to get refills. No, I mean getting refills a little late, forgetting about something like tabasco sauce, etc. The former server probably doesn't deserve to get fairly compensated, considering he's not even doing his job. If I AM doing my job, then I do expect to make some money on a table.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, in your op you stated you expect compensation whether you provide good service or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just being realistic here. Since you've done this job, what was the usual tip if you didn't do such a hot job on a table for one reason or another? For me, it's somewhere around 10%. Most servers where I work would agree.

Also, when I say "a not so hot job," I don't mean disappearing into the kitchen for an hour and a half while they try to track me down to get refills. No, I mean getting refills a little late, forgetting about something like tabasco sauce, etc. The former server probably doesn't deserve to get fairly compensated, considering he's not even doing his job. If I AM doing my job, then I do expect to make some money on a table.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got serious problems when it comes to feeling entitled.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe so, but I actually do this job. I don't just post on webboards about how I think I know what doing the job is like.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe so, but I actually do this job. I don't just post on webboards about how I think I know what doing the job is like.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, I bartended all the way through college, so stop feeling so superior. My guess is, this sh*t job has rightly brought you down afew notches. Now maybe you'll go use that training and education instead of whining.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, I bartended all the way through college

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you should understand that the tipping public is what pays our bills (unless of course, you DID make a decent hourly wage where you worked). Your previous posts don't show that you understand that at all.

[ QUOTE ]
My guess is, this sh*t job has rightly brought you down afew notches.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is that supposed to mean? I've worked so many [censored] jobs in the past, and this one is actually better than some of them.

[ QUOTE ]
Now maybe you'll go use that training and education instead of whining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh...Right. I already told you that I addressed this a little more than an hour ago.