Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 09-27-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Question on 8-Tabling

As someone that switched from a very nice 21" CRT to a 2001fp I thought I'd chip in with my thoughts. I LOVE my 2001fp. If you are serious about poker and make a steady stream of money at it, I wouldn't hesitate at all to recommend buying 1 or 2. I've got 2 now, and have never regretted the purchase for a second.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As someone that switched from a very nice 21" CRT to a 2001fp I thought I'd chip in with my thoughts. I LOVE my 2001fp. If you are serious about poker and make a steady stream of money at it, I wouldn't hesitate at all to recommend buying 1 or 2. I've got 2 now, and have never regretted the purchase for a second.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use a 2001fp with my laptop to 8-table, slight overlap on my 17" laptop. Qucik question for you. Do you need a special adaptor to use 2x2001fp's? Or can you just link the 2 monitors together via the USB ports?

Thanks.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:08 PM

mega, you can't do 2 monitors + laptop on a laptop without a special external video card (i'm not sure how that works and i know they're VERY expensive (>$1000))

you CAN (on some laptops with 2 ports) have 2 external monitors and have the laptop monitor turned off (which is kinda dumb)

with a desktop, almost all video cards will support 2 monitors -- special ones are needed if you want more than 2
Old 09-28-2005, 07:24 PM

Thanks. I was pretty sure that was the case, but just needed confirmation seeing as this topic arose.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:30 PM

mega, it's actually funny that you bring this up

dell had told me that i could in fact do 3 monitors with a laptop + 2 more, but only with their best video card only available on the gaming system

it turned out, however, that the system was not capable of this (and was the same as my prior inspiron 9300) -- this pissed me off pretty bad and even worse when support claimed they had no record of me calling in to ask about it and that i should've done my research, then refused to pay for return shipping even when i offered an online chat support transcript (they eventually did, but their support is just retardedly awful)
Old 09-28-2005, 07:44 PM

most laptop vid cards WON'T suppport 2 xternal monitors... so you have to buy an xternal vid card that goes into some slot in laptop... very xpensive... cheaper to get a normal PC--- also, what could work is a laptop "station" where u put laptop in it, and it acts like s desktop w/ everytihing attaced to "station"..
Old 09-28-2005, 07:45 PM

beware of advertisements that say they support 2 external monitors, cause some do but then only the 2 external ones, not 3