Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Zoine Busted by Hero Cloutier

[ QUOTE ]
My question is, How could somebody make it to heads-up in a WSOP event after reading Cloutier's book, Championship NL and PL Holdem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...it's yet another example of somebody who is a great player, but can't really teach what they do. So much of TJ's game is reading the particular situation (not perfectly all the time, obviously, but way better than us), that the caveat at the end of any poker "rule" of "but that's just usually, and it of course depends on the situation, players, reads, etc." makes it particularly worthless in the case of somebody who has a "rule" that they then disregard a lot of the time based on those soft factors, enabling them to win even though "only re-raise with AA or KK" would make them lose if they always did it that way...

However, his stuff is immensely entertaining due to the stories, color, etc., so I read it anyway and then sometimes re-raise with merely QQ if the situation warrents it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]