Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 09-15-2005, 01:42 AM

Default KJ flops TP and FD. Too agressive?

I am trying to play good draws strongly, but find myself going a bit overboard at times. Not sure if this is one of those times. UTG+2 is LPP (only note on him was that he limped QQ and just check/called to the river with no overcards on the board). MP1 appeared to be superloose and agressive over a small sample of hands (He played every one of his 14 hands at the table, and I saw him go nuts with TP no kicker a few hands before this.) MP2 is 15/6/.94 over roughly 100 hands, no notes, which means I haven't seen him do anything unusual. CO is a LAGy fish 61/1.8/2.2 over 44 hands; no relevant notes.

Coments on all streets welcome.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Small chance of having the best hand, FD, gutshot straight draw, TPGK. Lots of people along for the ride. Is the cap too much?

Turn: (14.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (18.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, UTG+2 calls.

Gotta call one here, given the size of the pot.

Final Pot: 21.75 BB
Old 09-15-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Re: KJ flops TP and FD. Too agressive?

Flop cap looks good to me. Your pair of Ks is probably no good, but you have like a bazillion outs and alot of people calling.

Turn.. id just call like you did since your drawing, and probably want to keep everyone in the hand (A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] aint folding to a raise anyways)

River.. id strongly think about folding here...
Old 09-15-2005, 02:02 AM

Looks good, the flop is must cap with TP, a flush draw, and a one card straight draw.

Turn and river are fine even if the read is a little weak. The people behind you are a little scary with, since what are they going to call with that you beat, but the pot is damned big, so with a laggy bettor, I'll call.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The SSHE mantra of not folding decent hands for one bet on the river rings very clear here. We have top pair with a good kicker, and while our position here really sucks it's worth chancing a raise behind us. While the check/3-bet on the flop doesn't look good for us, the bettor looks laggy enough that he could easily be going nuts with K8s and the like, so we're easily good here one time in, uh, a lot. I'm expecting to see 2 pair here though, if not the straight.

Who's folding this if it's raised behind us and MP1 doesn't make it 3? I can't imagine anyone being helped by a 4 that we still beat.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The SSHE mantra of not folding decent hands for one bet on the river rings very clear here. We have top pair with a good kicker, and while our position here really sucks it's worth chancing a raise behind us. While the check/3-bet on the flop doesn't look good for us, the bettor looks laggy enough that he could easily be going nuts with K8s and the like, so we're easily good here one time in, uh, a lot. I'm expecting to see 2 pair here though, if not the straight.

Who's folding this if it's raised behind us and MP1 doesn't make it 3? I can't imagine anyone being helped by a 4 that we still beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea your right. a crying call in order here.
I think we need to fold if its raised behind us though.
That said, if i called the first bet, id prob call the 2nd bet out of sheer rage [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 03:59 AM

I agree with your post. The 4 is very unlikely to have helped someone we beat. If it's raised on the river behind us I think it's most likely going to come back to us 3bet by MP1 who likely got his straight / 2pair on the turn and then we can let it go.