Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Stopping BS at a home game vs table image

Occasionally I play at this NL home game against some friends of our family. No one knows how to play except me so I am somewhat respected at the table. Something that bothers me however is how people casually share their cards with each other after one of them is out of the hand. Don't read this wrong, no one is blantently cheating and none of these guys are cheaters, but this card sharing does cause some problems for me.

An example was the last game when I raised causing my opponent to fold. It was just down to him and me so I made let everyone know I didn't want them exposing my cards to this guy. Then some drunk guy comes in the room, grabs my cards and says "Damn Alpha nice play with those 8s" I wanted to take back my buiyin and stop immediately but the payout goes 90% to 1st, so I didn't make a fuss.

Would you guys just put up with this BS in order to maintain a friendly table image or would you say something? I know I'm already starting to get on people's bad side so I don't know if I should just chill out or not.

Thanks