Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 09-06-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Too Aggressive or just stupid?

I guess I should slow down and ask myself...what am I beating here. Only a better hand would call. Now that I think about it, I know I read that in SSHE. DAMN!!! Shoulda checked!
Old 09-06-2005, 11:19 AM

I just wanted to respond to some of the criticism of this hand and reiterate what jrz is saying. The preflop/flop bets are totally standard. It seems a lot of people look at the flop bet as a bluff, but very often these are value bets with the best hand, you don't need a pair to have the best hand. Think about the possible range for UTG/MP1 here. Sure sometimes they have a pocket pair (although you have to discount 99+ since they didn't raise and many people don't play low pockets UTG), KQ, KJ (and often they will let you know) but how many times (on the flop) are we up against JT/98/QJ/Axs/etc, with our opponents drawing to 6 outs or less? And the 2/3 are very unlikely to have helped anyone here so we are ahead the vast majority of the time. If you just check behind on the flop you are giving something like 98 a free chance to outdraw you - as you still have the best hand (which is vulnerable). The beauty of ace high is that you are ahead of your opponents with no pair from the getgo and they have to draw to a maxmium of 6 outs to beat you (or less if they have a worse ace). Keep in mind they, like you, will only hit the flop 33% of the time.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian certainly isn't showing you much of anything and without reads he holding exactly two cards. If he's a calling station (which is what it looks like) he could be sitting on any pair and is not going to fold it out to a single bet. He's been calling the whole way anyhow, no reason to think he'll change that now.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't sure. And I don't know why you assume that this opponent will call down just because he saw the flop. Bet the flop! And IMO a follow up on the turn is correct.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:26 PM

Certainly: Just too stupid!
Old 09-06-2005, 03:29 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
Villian certainly isn't showing you much of anything and without reads he holding exactly two cards. If he's a calling station (which is what it looks like) he could be sitting on any pair and is not going to fold it out to a single bet. He's been calling the whole way anyhow, no reason to think he'll change that now.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't sure. And I don't know why you assume that this opponent will call down just because he saw the flop. Bet the flop! And IMO a follow up on the turn is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right. But the stupid river-bet will cost a lot of money in the long run.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Certainly: Just too stupid!

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked for that!!!!