Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 09-03-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Corporate disobedience plan to counter the rake increase.

Completely agree with fyodor that it's not a great idea to tell the fish all about 'serious income making' on the internet.

Even without telling the fish why you are doing it, the plan will hurt your OWN bottom-line more than it hurts Party's (since you will be wasting your own time doing this by NOT playing).

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of just sitting-out at a table until it kicks you off as an alternative to getting up and leaving though.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:20 PM

i believe that party poker does not need professional poker players in their games. we may accumulate high mgrs but we eat away at the fishes money that would have become party's, but instead those fish go broke and quit. as professional players, we need party. they dont need us. i dont think party would have any problem retaliating against rioting professionals by at least hassling them about HUDs and multiple accounts. in the end, the professionals will go back to party and pay the ridiculous rake anyway.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:21 PM

If anyone really believes this idea - or any of the ideas mentioned around here so far - will make a difference, I'm hereby accepting wagers.

Only question is what the proper odds should be.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:41 PM

I'll take the sit out thing before leaving the tables
Old 09-03-2005, 08:53 PM

I also think this will hurt us more than benefit us. Please don't do it.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:12 PM

I'll expatiate on this matter in the coming days but for now I will say that many of you are being so weak. 1 day of 2p2 go slowing can cost party $1 million. That is a lot even for party. That is $1 million immediately, but the long term effects will be larger as it will annoy the fish and some of them will leave, email party etc. Lets say we organise this 1 day go slow and it costs them $ 1,000,000. We can then use the (genuine) threat of further action as a bargaining tool.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:14 PM

I'm mostly a nobody when it comes to this discussion but I'm not a nobody when some mf'in deadbeat decides to protest whatever by blocking commuter traffic on a bridge.

I think if you want to get a table together where everybody knows what's going on that's one thing. Acting all self-righteous and inconsiderate by screwing up tables where other ppl chose to be there to play is, well, self-righteous and inconsiderate. IOW, stomp your feet and throw your tantrum; but don't involuntarily recruit ppl that don't share your feelings...
Old 09-03-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll expatiate on this matter in the coming days but for now I will say that many of you are being so weak. 1 day of 2p2 go slowing can cost party $1 million. That is a lot even for party. That is $1 million immediately, but the long term effects will be larger as it will annoy the fish and some of them will leave, email party etc. Lets say we organise this 1 day go slow and it costs them $ 1,000,000. We can then use the (genuine) threat of further action as a bargaining tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bargaining tool? Are you serious? Party knows damn well there is nothing we can do about this. Ultimately, what can we do if they don't rollback the increase? There's no protest this group can keep up long enough to impact their bottom line. And it's not like there's any other site out there with a lower rake and as many fish.

You may think we're weak, but I think it's delusional to believe we have any genuine bargaining ability here.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:25 PM

you want to cost party poker 1 million dollars in 1 days time??? didnt party just claim 350million in revenues last year? that would mean they averaged a total of 1 million dollars a day. you plan on closing every single one of their tables for a 24 hour period? i think it would be an easier task to create the next "i love you" virus that destroys every poker players computer on the planet.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:29 PM

You sure they took $350,000,000 in revenues? Sounds more like their level of profits than revenues to me.

I should clarify: 2p2 could cost the party network $1,000,000 in a day. i.e. party, eurobet, empire etc.