Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 09-01-2005, 05:26 AM

Default 87s from SB

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

UTG/CO is agro 24/20, button is loose passive, BB is similar to UTG.

Preflop call? fine? this is the lowest I go here.

The turn bet was mainly to see whether I could call a river bet if I hit a pair also some small chance he'd fold.

When he raises he obviously has an overpair and I can checkraise the river because he will value bet 90% of the time not fearing a straight.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:11 AM

Default Re: 87s from SB

I think you have to fold this before the flop
Old 09-01-2005, 06:21 AM

I fold that hand before the flop.

What is the motivation behind the flop check-raise, instead of check-calling and then check-raising the turn?

On the turn you say you bet to see if you could call a river bet if you pair. That doesn't make sence to me. Why not just check-call the turn and call a river bet?
Old 09-01-2005, 08:10 AM

I want to build the pot on the flop? I have an OESD a bdflush and possibly 6 pair outs. My equity is highest on the flop. Button is also a loose player so i expect him to call another bet.

The turn bet gains me a lot of information. Do I have another 6 potential outs? No he has an overpair

Can I bet the river as a steal? No he isnt folding an overpair.

Can I checkraise when I hit? Yes he will think he is ahead as I didnt 3bet his raise.

Think of it like this I have a draw i call on the turn. Now I miss and bluff or make a pair and pay off. This costs me 2 bets and i lose both. If i make my draw i gain 1 bet on the turn and either 1 if i bet out or 0 1 or 2 more on the river if i checkraise because I dont know the strength of his hand. So it costs me 2 bets anyway and if i do win I make 1-3BB.

I bet out and it costs me 2 bets, now If i hit on the river i gain 2 more. I know how strong his hand is so i can checkraise with confidence. So it costs me 2 bets anyway but when I catch my draw I win 4 bets from him.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:15 AM

I think this is a spot where you should consider donkbetting the river unless BB knows you very well. Your hand should make sense to him as a 9 and not as a straight draw, I think you get raised and still paid off enough here.

-Michael
Old 09-01-2005, 08:27 AM

I fold preflop, and I don't think I lead the turn.

Krishan
Old 09-01-2005, 09:00 AM

Problem with that is, he might freeze up on the river, like a lot of people do and if he does raise he shuts out BB who may actually pay off 1 bet with random trash.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:04 PM

I think you get three bet a ton on that flop, so yeah you get some info but you're paying a high price for it.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop, and I don't think I lead the turn.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd want to see another coldcaller in there pf befor I called with your hand.