Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 08-29-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Can I win at Holdem?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm begining to think I can't beat the low-limit hold'em games. I've beat stud and Omaha 8 and tourney NL Hold'Em consistently for years in the same limit ranges but for some reason I'm snake bit in Low-Limit Hold'em.

I've read and re-read Miller's book and Jones before him. Neither style seems to help me. I'm sure I'm making +EV plays but I consistently lose to 12:1 shots and never seem to make my 15 out draws.

I'm still under the 5000 hand-mark in LLHE but I've never really lost at poker at the rate I seem to be now. When I return to playing Omaha or Stud I'm fine and book a win but then I just lose it back plus interest to the monkeys at the B&M $3-6 table or .5-$1 online.

I think it may be a combination of bad luck and having a lot harder time putting others on hands in low-limit. I'm figuring top two pair is a winner then get blind-sided with a two-gap straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

5k hands is a drop in the bucket, i wouldn't get discouraged. if you haven't already, try posting some questionable hands and/or your stats in the SS forum.