Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 08-27-2005, 05:20 AM

Default OOP oesd Party 3/6

UTG is 60/2/1 or something of the like over 70, BB is a bad player with stats of 55/25/2 over 60. His AF is artificially high from folding a lot.

Hero is SB with JTo (no diamond)

Party 3/6
Pre-Flop: UTG limps, 3 fold, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: Kd Qd 6h
Hero bets, BB raises, UTG cold calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 8d
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets, 2 calls.

River: Ah
Hero bets with the intention of calling UTG and raising BB?

I hate my preflop call here. At the time my reasoning was I wanted to see a flop with this hand against these players, but i didnt want to pay for it and wanted their chasing mistakes to be emphasized by the smaller pot. Also, they are both almost guarnteed to call and chances are low i have the hand with highest equity. I also hate being oop against 2 opponents with such a marginal hand. All the being said, I now think i should have raised here, but im not sure at all. Against 2 competent opponents I fold this I think.

On the flop i thought there was a reasonable chance they would both fold hands that had 6 outs against me so i bet out. I'm not sure about this at all either. I now think i should have checked it. Given how it played out, is there any reason for a 3 bet oop?

Turn seemed straightforward given the way i played the flop.

River I wasnt sure how to play. With UTG being kind of passive and the previous aggressor I was afraid this would get checked through. Should i be worried enough about a flush to not 3 bet a raise here?
Old 08-27-2005, 06:11 AM

Default Re: OOP oesd Party 3/6

I'm not folding this preflop against two loose players. I don't think a raise is for value when we're out of position and unsuited. Completing is good.

I'd bet the flop also and call the raise.

On the river I'm betting out. We have a strong hand, and we can't be sure UTG will bet again on the river last to act. BB has already slowed down on the turn.

I call a raise, but do not 3-bet because I don't think (a guess) we're ahead often enough when raised. I have not bothered going over possible hand ranges though. I don't want to have to call a river cap. I wouldn't be able to fold to a river cap either, btw.

If BB raises the river, we cannot rule out a turn slowplay.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not folding this preflop against two loose players. I don't think a raise is for value when we're out of position and unsuited. Completing is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ok even in a 1/3 sb structure? I find myself wanting to do this a lot against poor players with these types of hands but never know if its ok given that I'll be oop the whole hand and its almost a full bet (2/3) to complete.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ok even in a 1/3 sb structure? I find myself wanting to do this a lot against poor players with these types of hands but never know if its ok given that I'll be oop the whole hand and its almost a full bet (2/3) to complete.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, they'll call you down with weaker hands often, so I think it is fine. I'll raise this on the button to isolate a loose limper (unless blinds were loosey goosey + aggressive).

JTo makes decent pair hands on the flop. Top or middle pair is strong 3-way. The straight potential will also let you play a little bit more aggressive.