Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 08-24-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Re: No poker rate in AC rest of week...what to do?

Rooms are harder to get and more expensive in August, even for weekdays. Route 30 (or 40) out of town has plenty of rooms. You can probably get something OK for $50. Something like the Comfort or Fairfield costs more.

On weekends in the summer, it's atleast $100 for a fleabag room and often a lot more. On weekdays in the winter, Days Inn is $40 and something like Comfort is not a lot more. However, then you are probably better off with poker rate at Taj or Borgata.

There is no conspiracy. Just supply and demand.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:17 PM

I got the Fairfield Inn from Priceline last Wednesday and Thursday for $45 a night plus tax. I think if I bid $40 I would have got it too. I bid Wednesday morning. Fairfield is one of the closest hotels to the Borgata that is located is Absecon, and the room was nice.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:26 PM

Try the Holiday Inn-Boardwalk on Chelsea, two blocks down from the Trop. Nice clean rooms with safes and free parking. Sheraton Convention Center is nice also.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:48 PM

I haven't done it in maybe a year, but I used to do it maybe once a month for a decent amount of time. I'd just do it maybe two days in advance. I think they may even be willing to accept bids at a lower price the longer you wait (since they have a better idea of whether or not the rooms will be full). I'm certain I've stayed there many times on a Friday or Saturday night for under $100.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:31 PM

Might be over some heads....but pretty much every time I stay in AC, its w/ my girlfriend. She doesnt seem to mind my endless playing becasue we stay at the Carisbrooke Inn (its a mile and change away from the Taj). Definitely the cleanest place you can stay, they feed you in the AM and they always seem to be emailing me trying to fill rooms. Off season (after Labor Day and before Memorial Day) you can stay there fairly cheaply - anywhere between $100-150 a nite.