Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 08-20-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Pokershare- new poker site.

When you sign up for a new account, if you receive an email from PokerShare.com then you are a PokerShare customer. If you sign up for a new account and you receive an email from UltimateBet you are an UltimateBet customer.

To receive the benefits from PokerShare you must be a PokerShare.com customer.

To check if you are a PokerShare customer login to our MYSHARE section on the website. This will tell you how many UlitmatePoints you have and how many SharePoints you have. However, please allow up to 48 hours from when you sign up for a new account to logging in to this section as it takes a while for SharePoint database to implement you in to the PokerShare Trust.

Max Wright

Poker Room Manager at PokerShare
Old 08-20-2005, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you sign up for a new account, if you receive an email from PokerShare.com then you are a PokerShare customer. If you sign up for a new account and you receive an email from UltimateBet you are an UltimateBet customer.

To check if you are a PokerShare customer login to our MYSHARE section on the website. This will tell you how many UlitmatePoints you have and how many SharePoints you have. However, please allow up to 48 hours from when you sign up for a new account to logging in to this section as it takes a while for SharePoint database to implement you in to the PokerShare Trust.

Max Wright

[/ QUOTE ]

This response has ensured that I will not even attempt to register an account with your site.

The question asked was simple and direct and there was no reason to cut and paste this cryptic and evasive form response and try to pass it off as a reply.

Since you came here to shill your site, you should be able to provide clear replies to simple questions.

If you cannot do that, I cannot have confidence in your site.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:42 PM

What would you estimate your expenses to be? How many people are on your payroll? I could see expenses eating up much of the profits if salaries are high. Who will control the expenses and set salary ranges? Will the accounting be available to the players? It sounds like a good concept but there would be many questions to be answered for my buy-in.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 01:00 PM

I stand by my original theory:

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt that pokershare guy can come out and directly say 'go ahead and open your new pokershare account on a clean computer similar to how you would for a party-skin and you'll be good to go'.

It's probably one of those 'okay once you do it...but he can't tell you it's okay' type of things.

Just a guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

However, I don't blame people like Wyers for being a bit frustrated on this issue.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:12 PM

It's probably one of those 'okay once you do it...but he can't tell you it's okay' type of things.

Just a guess.

Probably a little better than a guess.

If that is what he was insinuating then I obviously didn't pick up on it - although it does make sense.

This whole reading between the lines thing... yeesh... its a wonder I make a dime at this game [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 01:13 PM

Has anyone tried deleting their UB software and signing up?
Old 08-20-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Max Wright

[/ QUOTE ]

This response and your others like it have only hurt your chance for success.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:36 PM

This whole issue is becoming more of a hassle than I would care for. My rakeback deal seems better and better each day [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If that is what he was insinuating

[/ QUOTE ]

He's probably not allowed to insinuate it either I suspect.

He doesn't want to directly tell you that their rules specify that he can't try to take UB customers.
He also doesn't want to say 'If you already have a UB account then you won't be getting any pokershare points' because that would lose potential customers.

He certainly can't say 'If you sign-up at a clean-computer to get-around UB's detectors then you'll be good to go with us' because UB would not like that too much.

So he's saying 'If you get an e-mail from us that says you are a Pokershare user...then Congrats..you'll be getting Pokershare points!!' (which is probably similar to saying 'Congrats...you got away with it and we can now give you pokershare points')

something like that anyway.

I'm just guessing and reading between the lines here.
But he obviously isn't DIRECTLY answering the question...and we are all semi-familiar with how some of these skins arrangements work (if your skin gets new players...GREAT. Just make sure you don't steal our current players for yourself because THEN we'll get kinda mad).
Old 08-20-2005, 04:11 PM

yeah, but that doesnt make any sense. If you already have an account at UB you cant just sign up on a clean computer and be good. Cuz you will still have the same name and neteller account and all that jazz. So basically you would have to fake names and all that crap. And if that was the case he could still clearly answer the question. He would say "no, if you have a UB account, then you arent eligible" and everyone would know what to do anyway.

Either way the fact that he wont answer a direct question, makes me not even care about his site. If it is a "no" then the fact he wont answer it because he doesnt want to lose potential buisness is lame. If its a "no...unless you sign up on a clean computer, but I wont tell you that just insuitate it" then I dont want to play there cuz its obviously an underhanded tactic, and if they are underhanded then the whole "we have a trustworthy board of trusteees to divide up the 40%" is total BS and so we'll get screwed anyway. And if it is a "yes you can have both and its ok" then the fact he wont answer that question means hes an idiot and I dont want to play on a site run by a moron (cuz I do that already, and at least they have 70K users on at a time).

so either way, I dont care anymore, and pshare can eff off.