Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 07-24-2005, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Is me or Pacific that is being unreasonable?

Hot keys should be a an option that you have to click on to activate. It should also have a disclaimer informing you of the possible repercussions of activating this feature. Pacific Poker is the armpit of the poker world.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2005, 02:51 AM

I feel your pain.
I was playing a $200 NL when on the turn my AA saw a board of A37A and (like a MORAN) i typed "this is F un."

The pot was well over $150 and it was clear that someone hit trips and the UTG was bluffing trying to steal.
Needless to say my typing the word "Fun" FOLDED ME.
This kinda stuff happens and I should have been aware of the hot keys. It was MY fault for not knowing they existed, and hence I lost about $40 when I could of had a $200+ pot.
Word to the wise, Do NOT chat on Pacific, it is almost always -EV thanks to their "awesome and convenient" hot keys...
Old 07-24-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hot keys should be a an option that you have to click on to activate. It should also have a disclaimer informing you of the possible repercussions of activating this feature. Pacific Poker is the armpit of the poker world.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, hot keys SHOULD be an option.
Luckily they are not and the unknowing get screwed (like myself in earlier times).
Old 07-24-2005, 03:20 AM

I folded a boat on the river once on accident a few months ago... They reimbursed me the full amount that I had put in the pot and said something along the lines of, "be careful with the chat, and we are working on resolving this software issue". Yeah [censored] right!
Old 07-24-2005, 03:59 AM

As a person who's been designing games for 8 years, I can safely say that's the most idiotic thing I've heard of.

I can't imagine Unreal or Quake having become popular if while you were typing "Frag your own team member again and I'll smoke you", your character did a few sidesteps and then leap to his death off a cliff. And that's a game where the company already has your money once you've bought it.

The fact that REAL money is lost due to a terrible game design flaw...AND they have the gaul to suggest you "just don't get it, but others like it" is so sad it's laughable.

You, sir, have a legitimate claim and were it my site you had found this glitch, I not only would have repayed your loss, I would have made you you got something extra for your trouble.

Misusing a feature is one thing, but you were clearly chatting and they didn't adequately state you were leaving chat and engaging in gameplay when you made your 'f' keystoke.

Unforgivable.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:26 AM

This one's just you, bud. sorry.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your badly directed sarcasm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... there was no sarcasm in my post. Okay, that last paragraph was a bit snide. But I don't like the whole 'consumer holds manufacturer responsible for misuse' issue.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if you read the original post you would notice I was typing while looking at a second monitor. I was playing four tables at the time, from three different sites, all from $600 to $1000 buy-ins. I don't really want to have to worry about badly-designed software when I have enough poker-related concerns to keep me occupied.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to have to worry about it, either... but it happens. It happens to me, too. I go to click on the 'check/fold' checkbox and boom the 'Call' button lights up and I call a raise and a re-raise with my 62o. Ooops... the poker software should be better designed to prevent that!

But it isn't.

Playing multiple sites and multiple tables includes an inherent risk, IMO. I don't really feel any sympathy for you concerning that.

[ QUOTE ]
How many other sites have hot keys that activate while you are typing in chat? I play at about 15 different sites and seems to avoided this particular problem playing several hours a day for two straight years until I tried Pacific. There are sites that will change table focus on you such as Bodog but you just end up typing in the chat of the table with the new focus. Annoying but no harm done

Do you honestly believe it is reasonable that hot keys should suddenly become active while you are in the middle of typing in chat and that any chat characters then count as hot keys??

[/ QUOTE ]

Never said it was reasonable, or a good design. Just saying you, as the consumer, are responsible for actions you make through the software. Even if it was a mistake.

Putting in a request for the software to be changed is one thing. Putting in a demand for a refund is another. I agree with the former, but not the latter.

Just as I think a consumer of coffee should expect it to be hot.

KO
Old 07-24-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't call my opponents fuckers nearly as much as some people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am still giggling out loud as I type this.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The hotkeys ae , , and . It's not too had to stay away fom them.

[/ QUOTE ]

YP
Old 07-24-2005, 12:09 PM

I pointed them to this thread and just received this e-mail:

"Although this feature was indeed added to our software with the intention of improving it (there was certainly no other reason to do so!!) you are quite correct that it has proved unpopular with our members. Naturally, this is particularly true of those who like to chat.

For this reason, we will be removing it when the next version of our software is released.

Your satisfaction is our top priority and we are always willing to listen and understand our member's needs and concerns. We value your time and thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
Leighton
Member Support Representative
Pacific Poker"

So don't risk chatting for the next two years and you should be ok.