Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 07-10-2003, 02:49 PM

Default Which Site to Play On?

In 2002, at different times, I deposited 100 dollars in Poker Stars and Party Poker.

In Poker Stars I lost my money very quickly. I felt like I experienced a number of "bad beats" and was suspcious of the site.

On Party Poker I managed to nurse my BR to 350.00. Then on my birthday I had a big party, got hammered, and after everyone left signed on and managed to signoff with on 50.00 left in my account (never play hammered LOL). After a few tourneys, that was quickly gone.

Since then I've read a few more books (if you haven't read Poker Nation -- you *HAVE* to!), travelled 250 miles one way once or twice a month to play in B&M rooms, and have generally done pretty well. So now I'm ready to put another 100.00 in an online site. From lurking on RPG and a bit here, I guess the 2 to choose from are Party Poker and Poker Stars. I'm torn, 50-50 as to which site to use, and I know with all the publicity of the WPT they've changed since December, 2002, so I'm hopeful you all can give me advice as to which site to use.

By the way, I'm mostly interested in low-by-in tournement play only to nurse my BR and move up in buy-in as my BR increases.

Here are my thoughts, any that you can add would be greatly appreciated:

Poker Stars:
Advantages:
- Sit & Go 2 table tourneys
- 5.00 + .50 (vs. 5.00+1 at Party)
- 1+0 & 3+0 dollar multi-table tourneys
- Player stats
- Player Notes
Disadvantages:
- I'm not confident I can win there.

Party Poker:
Advantages:
- Confident I can win there
- Friendly players
Disadvantages:
- 5+1 tourneys (feel likes rip-off when you can play 10+1)
- No very small buy-in multi-table tourneys

Comments?

Thanks!

Old 07-10-2003, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Which Site to Play On?

I play on Stars now and primarily play the NL HE Sit N Go tourneys. I wouldn't recommend the 2 table sit n go's, unless you're just wanting to try to play alot of poker for a small rate of return. The 1 table's are excellent at the lower levels, and when I enter I fully expect to end up in the cash.

I'm depositing money into Party this week. I've just been hesitant because of all the talk of their server problems and software, but since everyone says its a dream to play there, thats where I'll go to check it out.

Best of luck-