Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 07-17-2005, 04:25 PM

Default A 10K check up

Ok, today marked the 10,00 hand since i started playing seriously and logging my sessions on PT, so now seems as good a time as any to run some of my play past the forum and see what people think. Most of these hands were played at NL50 but 1K or so were at NL100

First thing to note is that my win rate is a rather special 23.52bb/100 overall and 30bb/100 at my normal NL50 level. Obviously I'm both extremely happy with this and aware that it is an inflated number and will probably adjust back. My big winners are unsuprising; AA,KK,QQ and suited broadway are my most profitable cards by far. Most hands fall around the 0bb/hand mark, pretty much because they get folded nearly all the time.

My big losers are a little concerning. Low suited connecters don't seem to be paying off. JT,T9,89 all show small profits but 87s and below cost me money, obivously they arn't paying off enough times to justify calling raises. Qxs is costing me so I'm going to screw down on calling with that (althought I thought I was doing that anyway). However TT is by far and away the worst hand costing me 5bb at time, here is a hand that represents the way I usually play it.

Hand 1

Hero is in the sb, CO has $22 hero has him covered, UTG has <$10, blinds are .25/.50

UTG calls, CO calls, button raises to $2, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Pot $8.50

Flop, 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks, UTG checks, CO bets 1$, Button calls, Hero raises to $9, UTG calls all in, CO calls, Button folds.

Pot $31

Turn, 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero puts CO all in for $10, Co calls,

Hand 2

Hero in BB with $100, UTG+1 has him covered, blinds .50/$1

UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $4, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Pot $9.50

Flop, 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $3, hero raises to $12, UTG+1 calls.

pot $32

Turn, 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets $20, UTG+1 calls

River, 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] , Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villian bets $20 hero calls.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-17-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: A 10K check up

If you're not going to play them for set value, reraise pf and lead the flop. Though being OOP I would lean towards playing them for set value, this is very dependant on the pf raiser. Against a loose raiser I'm popping him back almost always. With a rock I'd probably call and lead at an under flop, giving up if called or raised. As for Qxs I don't even bother with this hand, even when you hit you're usually in trouble if you get action. JMO
Old 07-17-2005, 04:59 PM

In the first hand the raise came from a loose player while in the second the player has very solid standards from the few hands I'd seen. I think playing for set value from early position would seem to be the strongest line. The reason I pick the CR into the PF raiser when the flop comes low is that its the strongest move available and I really want to take the hand down there and then. A lot of leads get called by players without giving much info. They could have a draw, overcards or top pair.

What would your line be against a solid opponent if you lead the flop get call and on the turn,

A) Another non dangerous undercard comes?

B) An overcard or a dangerous undercard (top pair makes trips, flush or straight completes) falls?
Old 07-17-2005, 05:03 PM

Also, this should have gone in the original post but I play 6-max exclusivly.