Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 07-14-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Was this against JJ?

I can understand your thinking here against the villian ... but what about MP1 and MP2? To be honest I would be more worried about their holdings.

You describe them as weak, MP1 as very weak loose, what if they made the "mistake" of checking the flop with AT, A9, TT or 99. I don't play at these limits but in the 2/5, 5/10 game I play I would say a huge component of what makes the bad players bad is that they slow-play every huge hand they flop, no matter what the board looks like ... they do this everytime. Now on the turn they [censored] their pants and think "oh, better slow play again, don't want to lose a possible river bet".

You might have the villian in a situation where he can't possibly call ... but what if you just handed 3k to MP1 or MP2?
Old 07-14-2005, 08:26 PM

Default results

so i made the raise, MP1 called without much hesitation and MP2 and villian both folded pretty quickly.

MP1 had AJ and i didn't improve.
how on earth he checked the flop, then smooth called the turn then overcalled a raise and a reraise is beyond me but he took it down.

i think most players (at least myself) would have folded the AJ in that spot after playing the hand in such a manner.

turns out MP1 is the type of player that is more then willing to back his stack with top pair, as he demonstrated for the rest of the night.

when i made the play i thought i was only going to be dealing with the button, because MP1 loves to chase draws, which is what i put him on, and since MP2 was so predicatably straightfoward i figured him for a draw too, and like i said earlier i was 99% sure the button couldn't call.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: results

AJ? Wow. Strangely played. Who'd have thunk it?