Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 07-10-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Next Question

Good point. Unfourtunately, McGrady was 26 and in his 7th season that year (last year!) that he led the Magic to 21 wins. Maybe all that "improvement" has more to do with Yao Ming, Jeff Van Gundy, and a fairly strong supporting cast than it does with T-Mac. Let me stress again, this was 2004, it isn't a long time ago when McGrady was young and a completely different player. He led the league in scoring that year. Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant were both winning championships by their seventh seasons, it does not compare. I agree that everyone who fails shouldn't be banished forever, but T-Mac is certainly banished for this coming year at least.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant were both winning championships by their seventh seasons, it does not compare. I agree that everyone who fails shouldn't be banished forever, but T-Mac is certainly banished for this coming year at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean Shaq was winning championships and Kobe was along for the ride [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 07-10-2005, 03:00 PM

It tough to compare Kobe and T-Mac imo cause Kobe had possibly the greatest center of all time in his prime. If they switched teams during that time period T-Mac would easily have 3 rings and we probably would be saying the same things about Kobe as we are about T-Mac.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant were both winning championships by their seventh seasons, it does not compare. I agree that everyone who fails shouldn't be banished forever, but T-Mac is certainly banished for this coming year at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean Shaq was winning championships and Kobe was along for the ride [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Yeah I knew someone would bring that up. The fact is that Kobe was already one of the premier players in the league by his third and fourth year, but he had to play second banana for the better part of his career. Even if it ends up that he can't create a winning team on his own, which may be the case, he gets consideration over McGrady because he's just plain better.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You do all realize Amare is basically unguardable, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I didn't watch enough Suns games, but he didn't seem to be such a huge threat on his own. A lot of his points seemed to be Nash-generated. I don't think I ever saw him get the attention in the post that Duncan and Shaq get in the post, or that Iverson or Bryant get on the perimeter and in the lane. Add that to the fact that he couldn't even lead his own team in rebounds (a skinny 6-7 "power" forward did that), and the fact that he anchored one of the worst defenses I've ever seen, and I just have to say he's not ready to take a team very far by himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you missed the playoffs. Also, that skinny 6-7 forward you mentioned has been one of the best rebounders in the league since he was drafted. It's no knock on Amare that he only finished at 9 boards a game.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: NBA: you draft one player

SHAQ!!!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So did a young Shaq.

[/ QUOTE ]

like when the magic were .500 his first year? or made the playoffs the next year? or made it to the finals the next year?