Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 06-25-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Absolute Poker software

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

I recently joined Absolute Poker for their sign up bonus and short hand low limit tables, but the software is just terrible.

I have a one year old Dell laptop, P4 2.4 GHz 384 MB Ram and forget about playing 3 tables at a time there, 2 is barely playable, and only for a short time before the program crashes. I don't think it's my computer because it can handle 8 party network tables while running pokertracker just fine.

Is this software just that buggy?
Old 06-25-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker software

Yes, it is, at least in my experiences as well.

It has gotten better in the past year, but I still find it lags from time to time.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:56 PM

Are you trying for a free computer? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2005, 10:05 PM

hi pokerparrot -

uglyowl's post may have gone over your head.

AP contacted me because of my numerous complaints about their software on these forums that they had read. I had no idea that they seriously looked at these forums.
I can play on just about every site EXCEPT absolute. I can play the max number of tables on any site...but if I even open just one absolute table I can tell my computer is getting sluggish.

Anyway - first time I just worked with their techs and told them what was happening with my various CPU readings, etc when I would open a table.
They later decided that instead of trying to re-create my problem back in their labs they would just be better off buying my computer to see what the deal was with so many of their players.

Thus....they offerened to buy me a new computer because they want to fix this.
I'm waiting to get the address to send my old computer too. I'm typing this post on my recently acquired NEW and IMPROVED computer that AP bought for me.
FWIW - I still notice a difference when I open one AP table even on this new Inspiron 9300....although it can handle it better than my old Inspiron 5300 machine.

Obviously I lucked out here. All I was doing was whining about AP and the fact that I couldn't really play there....and I wound up getting offered a new computer.

AP seems pretty committed to figuring out what the deal is with their software imo and hopefully the $1500 they sent my way will help get them there.

Go into the archives and look up a post by me titled 'Absolute is buying my computer' (or something like that) from a few weeks ago if you want further details.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:50 PM

Always crashes on me. I dont bother opening 3 tables and with 2 it is only a matter of time before "ho.exe" works its magic and freezes my new dell dimension 8400 with a lot of RAM and fast processor.

I dont want a new computer. I just want to play there without it freezing up and folding my hands when I have the nuts.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:00 PM

On my old computer AP didn't run well at all. On my new computer I could play 3 tables for four hours before I have problems and have to reboot.

I'll usually know its time when my hard drive begins chattering loudly and incessantly.

You'd think after all this time they'd have figured out the problem. It's hard to believe they've not experienced this problem on the computers they use.

But I havent played there in 45 days, so maybe it's fixed now, who knows.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:21 PM

Thank you all very much for the responses.

I uninstalled/reinstalled the poker software, and while 3 tables still isn't possible, playing just 2 tables seems to run a little bit smoother than before.

It's too bad they can't get these bugs worked out, it's a nice site. I guess I'll clear my bonus then go back to good ol' party network.