Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 06-20-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: One year as a \"pro\"

I always enjoy these stories to see how others compare to myself, as I've been making my living for about a year now from playing online.

So thanks for typing it up.

I take atleast a day or two off a week from poker, and always find an hour here & there to excercise a few days a week. If I happen to go a few days without excercing I feel like a slug.

IMO-It is vital to keep the body well conditioned, as well as the mind to be successful in most any endeavor.

I do not understand why people can't find a 1/2 hour a few days a week to do some excercise. Lack of motivation I guess. Just do it, go for a fast walk, go for a bike ride, join a gym, or go for a short jog. Play some sports with some friends, just do anything active.

It will help with any depression you might be having as well.

If you go back to the work force, say you ran your own successful online business (online investing), and are now looking for a change.

Good luck to you...
Old 06-22-2005, 06:55 AM

Default Re: One year as a \"pro\"

I concur with physical activity being great for morale. In fact since you might feel "bad" or "empty" because you spent all those hours playing a "fake" job, exercising should make you feel just the opposite.