Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 06-12-2005, 09:36 PM

Default AK Turn Check-Raise Semi-Bluff @ PP 10/20

I pulled a similar turn check-raise semibluff the other night playing 6/12. In that case I had a pretty solid read on the guy's play and was a little more confident it would work. This time I don't have much of a read as I've only been at the table a couple of rotations, but MP seems okayish. UTG is loose, terrible, and the reason I'm sitting at the table right now.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 06-12-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Re: AK Turn Check-Raise Semi-Bluff @ PP 10/20

I don't think "okayish" is quite enough to convince me that he'll ever fold to this checkraise. TT,JJ calls down here more often than is really profitable for you. you're getting 7.5:2 from the pot and like 8:1 (?) on your overcards. I think you need a whole lot more fold equity for this move. and once he calls I think you have an even smaller amount of fold equity on the river. I can't think of any hands that fold in this situation, except a misplayed AJ, KJ.

what was the other semibluff you did?
Old 06-12-2005, 10:16 PM

FPS
Old 06-13-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what was the other semibluff you did?

[/ QUOTE ]

The other semibluff was with AJ UTG or UTG+1 where I had raised and seen a three or four way flop. Flop was 8 high, there was a call, a fold, and then a raise. I called with a backdoor nut flush draw and the overs and then checkraised the flop raiser when a blank fell on the turn. Again I had a lot better read on that guy and estimated my fold equity as 50% plus based on how he had been playing and what he thought of my play.