Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 06-09-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Hiatus...(no real content)

lol, no I already live with the girl. She's happy I play cards, it's helped pay bills. I just need to take some time away to study the game at a different level. One I haven't had the time or energy to do for quite awhile.
And of course take care of a few other things in my life.

I don't want to end up driving the delivery truck [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2005, 11:11 PM

She's happy I play cards, it's helped pay bills.

hate to 'nit', but aren't you in the <font color="red">red</font> playing poker already?

I've read that post and its hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm more studying PT and reading 2+2, and going to get Ciaffone's Potlimit/NL poker book (free from boogster..alright affiliate programs!)

I'm down around 20BB from party (whine!) but confident i can make it back, after a 1 month break or so.

(about smoking try the patch, but stay consistent and remind yourself, "why do I want to quit", "why am I quitting", "what will quitting get/offer me?")

I won't wish you good luck - we all know thats a load of "censored". I wish you strengh of will, good family and good friends to support you along the way. And don't leave 2+2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She's happy I play cards, it's helped pay bills.

hate to 'nit', but aren't you in the <font color="red">red</font> playing poker already?

[/ QUOTE ]
oh no, I played 20k hands of .50/1 with a healthy win-rate, it's just 1/2 where I'm in the red.

I've tried the patch. I used it the same time I was using zyban. Worked pretty well, better than the gum anyway. I will probably use them for the first couple of weeks.

And I'm not leaving 2+2, just taking a vacation for a bit.