Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 05-24-2005, 10:02 PM

Location: No stress, no seeds, no stems, no sticks! Some of that real sticky icky
Default 66, poor play?

Both Villians are Loose Passive.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 05-24-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Re: 66, poor play?

I think most of it's okay, except you won't get a worse hand to call the river.

I'd probably try to check-raise MP1 on the flop.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:10 PM

What's your reasoning for leading this flop?
Old 05-24-2005, 10:16 PM

Location: No stress, no seeds, no stems, no sticks! Some of that real sticky icky

mid pair, potentially best hand, trying to thin field.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:20 PM

That's definitely a river check with 3 overcards to your pair.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the flop bet. If you have the best hand, someone will easily outdraw you. If you have the worst hand, you have few outs to improve.

If villain is to your right and bets, I like a raise. By facing the field with 2 cold, you have a better chance of protecting what might be the best hand.

By leading from EP, you offer the field great odds of 1:11 to call with any piece, and you also deny yourself the opportunity to see the action behind you. I'd check this planning to fold to a bet unless I get HU with the preflop raiser.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If villain is to your right and bets, I like a raise. By facing the field with 2 cold, you have a better chance of protecting what might be the best hand.

By leading from EP, you offer the field great odds of 1:11 to call with any piece, and you also deny yourself the opportunity to see the action behind you. I'd check this planning to fold to a bet unless I get HU with the preflop raiser.

[/ QUOTE ] this makes sense, thank you.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:58 PM

I check the river, otherwise I would play it the same.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the flop bet. If you have the best hand, someone will easily outdraw you. If you have the worst hand, you have few outs to improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the villain is to his left, meaning that if he bets, he might get the villain to raise and clear out the rest of the field. Granted, if villain raises, we are probably not in good shape. But I'd rather play this hand HU. I think the flop bet is the best plan.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the villain is to his left, meaning that if he bets, he might get the villain to raise and clear out the rest of the field

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Granted, if villain raises, we are probably not in good shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more or less the problem with betting and hoping to get raised.

I will often make this play with top pair or an overpair to the board. If you get flat-called and many other players come along, you still have a good chance to win a showdown. If villain raises, you hope you're up against AK or similar going for a free card.

The problem with 66 is that when we get flat-called by villain and a few others, you have a tough time playing the rest of the hand OOP and with no information about how others like their hand. We end up spewing chips to a showdown (such as here) or giving up on the turn. I'd rather check the flop here and see the action behind me before I decide on a move.