Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Girl lays down cowboys on river

My experience is 2/5 NL.

I sometimes limp with KK in EP hoping to get raised and to add deception. But when the pot is unraised AND the SB and BB are both still in AND the flop comes 3 relatively low cards, I tend to be cautious.

I like the flop bet, but when he raises it seems like the risk of limping backfired here, either one could've hit two pair with a trash hand.

Anyway, it's impossible to fold a $50 raise here, I like the call, but I would continue to play cautiously. Aside from two pair, trips (most likely 3's or 4's) are a worry.

If he raised with a weak 8 on the flop then the 4 is a beautiful card for you, as it makes him feel safe in his two pair. However, he may very well have trips or a full house.

I don't like the raise on the turn at all. If he's bluffing, you're pretty much forcing him to put all his chips in, but you lack information. Just call the turn and see what happens on the river, if he bets $200 you call if he pushes lay it down and gather info.