Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 04-27-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: AJo out of the BB

I stand by my initial reasoning to go for a flop checkraise, but I'm still not sure about what to do when it comes back to me bet and raised.

3-betting *might* make the hand easier to play from that point forward but then again I may end up paying the most if the PFR has a stronger hand like 77, JJ, QQ, KK, or AA, as I'll have a hard time folding unless it is 2 bets back to me on the turn.

And if I 3-bet the flop, my opponents will have an easy fold with TT, AT, AQ, AK (which I don't think I want to give them). Of course I get to charge them the max if they want to continue with those hands and others like KJ and QJ that they won't be folding, regardless of my action.

Also, I still think I'm ahead at this point, and by 3-betting, I prevent my opponent(s) from checking for free ones on the turn with a hand that needs help. I figure this is somewhat likely given the somewhat passive tendencies of the average 5/10 player.

So as I see it now, I like the 3-bet better but are there any factors I'm missing?

Luke
Old 04-27-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party 5/10 full game.

Folded to the a complete unknown in the CO-2 and he open raises. A loose/passive (35/5) player cold calls in the hijack (CO-1).

Button and SB fold, I call in the BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

(3 players, 6 SBs)
Flop [ J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]

I check, PFR bets, loose CCer raises, I call, PFR 3-bets, CCer folds, I call.

How was my flop play and what's my line for the rest of the hand?

Luke

[/ QUOTE ]

I am check/3-betting that flop all day long.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:04 PM

Im with bob... check and 3 bet when it gets back and let the CC'er with QJ come along, while the douche with AK/AQ/ any pair will ditch
Old 04-27-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Results

The turn and river came running offsuit deuces and I check called only to be shown a set of jacks. MHING.

Thanks for the comments.

Luke