Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Strategy Checkup

[ QUOTE ]

First- I think excession's post is very good. Makes me realize I'm not utilizing pokertracker to its fullest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Great post good examples. The only problem with this is that I don't like to you things at the table that I can't have in a live game. Stupid, Stupid I know. I don't play poker for a living or part time. I do it because I love the game and I want to be a better live player. I think I'm getting over this because I think there is value to making more money...Duh... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Second- I DO think there's value to mixing up your game. I don't think its true to say your opponents never notice your play/image. People notice if you're a maniac, if you're supertight, if you have a huge stack, etc. I'm not big into bluffing with nothing. BUT, when I build up my stack, I'll raise with 5-8 suited in late position because (1) they know I'm tight and (2) my stack is intimidating - and they all fold. (At a loose table) I actually don't steal enough when I have a good image. I need to work on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I have just started to do this. I think this in conjunction with excessions pointers will make winrates go through the roof. Also I think I need to play more...

[ QUOTE ]

I think loosening up in the beginning can work. The question I have is... how much do you have to keep it up (and possibly losing money all along) for it to be profitable? What if you loosen up, with the idea of switching gears... but when you switch gears, you get no cards? (am I the only one who thinks about this sort of thing?)

[/ QUOTE ]

No. your not the only one who think about this, but think you just have to be patient and that the nature of the game. I was two tabling last night (because I can do more because I'm not good at multitasking) one table was going great but the other table I was playing only 10% of the flop WITH the SB/BB included.

[ QUOTE ]

When you get too much respect, steal more. If the table is passive, you can limp more (this might be cheaper then going maniac) if only to show people you're playing less then premium hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have to work on my selective aggression when I play at a table that respects my play. I tend to go too far with this. I dumped like 4 buyins with unbridled aggression and now is my cooling off period. I think I can start this back up now with more smarts.

Good Points.

-Gryph