Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Could it be that I am better suited to short handed?

Statistically insignificant of course, but a nice start. Time will tell if you really have an incredible short-handed talent, or you've just been lucky.

On the other hand, I've been having a similar experience. As a long time SSNL player, I recently started playing 6-max 1/2 Limit in a bonus whoring expedition/experiment. I've only played limit maybe once or twice in the last 6 years. Anyway, I printed out a simple starting hand guide from the Micro-Limit board and bet for value, chasing draws only when the pot odds were right. I haven't used PT for these limit games either. In a short 10 hours of play (single table), I'm up about $300 before bonuses. Don't know if this is just natural variation or if there are just more donkeys at these tables, but I'm gonna keep at it for a while and see what happens.

So in some sense I'm having the same sort of questions. Is the transition from NL to Limit a lot easier than the reverse, or am I just lucky? I'm guessing a little of both - I've caught a few nice runs of cards, but also there seems to be more bad Limit players than bad NL players in the games I've played so far.

Disclaimer - I play NL at UB. I have yet to join the fish fest at Party.