Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 03-10-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Turn card....

Well I did lead out with a ~pot sized bet of 300 into a 350 pot. MP limper folds button miniraises me to 600. uh oh!

He's not really pushing me out and i have no reads on him. Now what. Should i come over the top and push or call and proceed carefully. I deicided to just call and see what comes off on the turn.

Turn card is a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Now what? Pot has ~1500 and i have 1700 behind.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Turn card....

by calling his raise you're willing to believe that you're ahead at this point so my thinking is you play aggressive, if your'e first to act you fire at him. he comes over the top all-in and you very quickly know where you are.

I was going to type that this is dependant on what stage of the tournament is but personally with two limpers i'm not ready to go broke on a coordinated board with two pair.

very difficult situation to play.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: 2 pair on coordinated board.....

This is one of those hands that is very difficult to play out of position. You are most likely up against top pair or a draw and somewhat less likely to be up against a made str8. Also consider that you have 4 outs to a redraw.

Any appropriate bet you make here is going to commit you, so you have to make your decision here. If you bet, you'd have to push and you'll only be called by the hands that beat you. I'd check to possibly let him bluff off some chips. It's worth the risk of giving him a free card if he checks behind. If he bets, I hold my breath and call.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Results....

I fired out a small blocking bet of 300 on the turn hoping to see the river as cheap as possible. He reraised again to 600 and i wanted to puke but at that point had to call. I was pretty much hoping to fill up on the river.

The river brought one of the 3 cards I really didn't want to see the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I checked figuring I can't be ahead of too many hands here except KJ/AJ/KT. I checked loking to conserve my last 1000 chips and interstingly enough he checked behind and turned over QJ for the rivered straight.

My thought when the hand was done was maybe I should have pushed the turn when the brick hit with only 1 card to come and both of us still with a playable stack. I don't think he folds to my push on the flop but unless he holds JT/KQ/ or a set which i thought was highly unlikely it would have been a difficult call to make with 1 card to come. I just found this hand extremely difficult to play out of postion and really didn't want to go broke with 2 pr in an unraised pot.

Maybe I should have when 3 hands later I get TT's and get called by AJo. He flops the J, I turn the T, and he rivers the Q to make his straight and send me home. Some night its just not meant to be.

Thanks to all who took the time to respond.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Results....

i think you both played the hand as well as you could, i'm not sure if a push on the turn is a great option, you played it as best you could. i'm probably folding on the turn raise.