Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Cards Speak For Themselves

the way you wrote that, you make it sound like this happens a lot. there have been very few times where i have seen something like this, especially in hold'em. but maybe you were playing omaha or a hi/lo game.

i have done this before in a b&m where i was sitting in the 3 seat and couldn't really see the board too well. anyways i was involved in a big pot with a 9Ts and a guy had AXs. i turned the flush and didn't realize i was drawing almost dead until 5th street brought another heart. he checked it to me and i checked. he then showed me the nut flush and i just turned over my cards and said "wow good thing that heart came or i would have lost a lot more chips" and almost mucked my hand but wanted to show the flush. the table then told me i hit a straight flush on 5th street. the guy got angry saying if i didn't know i shouldn't have won. this guy was wrong, obviously,

so i would completly disagree with you saying anything to anyone because they would probably think you are being ridiculous.