Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 02-11-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: What site boasts the weakest limit players?

LMAO!

Thank you so much!

Funniest thing I have seen in a very long time. A big pet peeve of mine is ignorance. A bigger one is a person who refuses to admit theirs. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Still LMAO!

Magik
Old 02-11-2005, 05:15 PM

I would have to agree as well. The games at Pacific are very soft. But I will never play there again.

I could put up with the one table, because I can play a couple of tables at another site. It'slow, but if I am playing a couple other tables, no big deal.

What really did it for me was the disconnects. You wait 20 seconds for the same guy, for the third time, and finally realize that you have been disconnected, or their software stopped responding, or something. Click on lobby, the screen blinks a few times, and you are back at the table, sitting out, missed your blind, and probably lost a pot you should have won. You get back into the game, and a half hour later it happens again. Last time it happened, I had AQd, and it hung up before ever getting to me.

I withdrew my money, told them to get stuffed, and found other places to play. Like Empire, which has given me $350 in reload bonuses for Jan and Feb, plus a few hundred more in winnings.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:18 PM

OK Hopey, you win.

Besides, it's hard to argue with someone who has a cigarette coming out of their butt.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:40 PM

LOL.. nice
Old 06-17-2005, 02:49 PM

You need an avatar davidbrent.

-SmileyEH
Old 06-17-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also on the comments about sites not advertising their players as weak. If you watch the Party Poker TV commercials, there's a subtle remark about that. The ending line is "Party Poker dot com...the world's largest poker school". Now...I'm not sure if that's INTENDED to mean school as the poker player would see it, but I found it interesting and funny nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that's to get round the regulations governing advertising gambling on TV. They advertise it as a site for educational purposes only.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:33 PM

I found Pacific and Golden Palace to have the worst players. I don't play at the former because I hate the software, and I don't play at the latter because it's almost all NL and 6max.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:38 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No site is going to boast that its own players are weak.

That's sort of like a bar advertising "We have the sluttiest women." While this may be true and is very good news for the men (sharks), the women (fish) are not going to patronize a place where they are associated as such.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes absolutely no sense - and by that, I mean you are incorrect in your reasoning.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that really is some retarded reasoning. it's not like they'd be advertising "we have sthief09, the weakest player on the internet!" advertising soft games would only do good for them
Old 06-17-2005, 08:14 PM

In my limited experience, the limit players at FT (at least SH) are ATROCIOUS. Sadly, no PT numbers to back it up, but UTG raises were getting cold called by k2o...at 8/16
Old 06-17-2005, 09:11 PM

This has to be one of the funniest posts I've ever read.