Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 02-11-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Playing correctly.

New to this forum so take my advice for what its worth. I have been playing online for about a year now.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't make your play based on what your opponent should do, make your play based upon what they will do.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was giving advice to a new online player I would tell them to take this saying, print it out, and then paste it on their monitor.

When being cornered with a supposed "bad beat" story this concept always comes up. The person will state "I can't believe how bad players are online. He called this and that with 3rd pair. He SHOULD have folded. Idiots, they are all idiots."
Respect your opponent. If you know what they are holding you should also know if they are good enough to lay down what they SHOULD(in your opinion) lay down. It all comes back to the fact that you cannot bluff 'bad' opponents.

Oftentimes I have seen calling stations amass huge chip leads in the first rounds of SNG'S because of this. They catch any piece of the flop and they call and call and call anybody who tries to make them fold. If they are not going to fold you cannot make them. Don't be conceited.

paul