Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 01-11-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Re: AA...ok to play like a little girl??

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't have a problem with your line. Given the 3-bet pre-flop, you're probably looking at AA, KK or QQ. Given this flop, you're either way ahead or way behind. I would probably raise the flop and call down after that. Then again, I'm generally an NL player and play too conservatively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think playing NL small stakes exclusively has changed the way I play certain hands on limit nowadays. Some things are better and some things are worse. That's why I'm posting a bunch of hands.

It's sometimes hard to switch the way of thinking.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Garland
Old 01-11-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whats ur deal onaflag?? ur such a jerkoff. no need to be like that, man. take it easy. this is a learning forum, not a place for a douchebag like you to criticize him so harshly.

[/ QUOTE ]

So type some constructive criticism or STFU and quit stalking me. I hope people are as critical of my plays. What do you want?

"Pooooor baaabeee....you are the best. You just need to slightly raise....right here.....yeah, that's right....right there, sweety......"

This is poker. You need a thick skin to make it. Go to the Psychology forum to deal with your insecurities.

Sorry for the hijacking rant, but this guy pisses me off.

Onaflag...........
Old 01-11-2005, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whats ur deal onaflag?? ur such a jerkoff. no need to be like that, man. take it easy. this is a learning forum, not a place for a douchebag like you to criticize him so harshly.

[/ QUOTE ]

So type some constructive criticism or STFU and quit stalking me. I hope people are as critical of my plays. What do you want?

"Pooooor baaabeee....you are the best. You just need to slightly raise....right here......yeah, that's right....right there, sweety......"
This is poker. You need a thick skin to make it. Go to the Psychology forum to deal with your insecurities.

Sorry for the hijacking rant, but this guy pisses me off.

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, someone must miss his boyfriend.
no one talks like that here, but also no one talks like you, you piece of horse [censored]
ur an idiot, thats all i want to say. simple as that.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:00 AM

This is not like NL where you're going to get blown off a better hand with a huge raise or lose your entire stack when a set traps you. If you run into a set you're just going to lose a few extra chips.

Because you can't take someone's stack in one hand, you have to wring out every last drop of your premium hands, even taking the chance that you're behind. Also, people tend to raise with more than the nuts preflop. Hands like AK and AJ are even possible. There's no way to know how strong he is unless you give some action. If he bets, you raise, and he just calls, you're probably good. Yeah, sure, you'll sometimes get set up for a C/R on the turn, but in this case you have 9 outs even against a set (10 if he has the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]).

If you don't blow off a ton of chips when you lose with AA, you probably didn't play it right. Obviously, there are times when discretion is the better part of valor, but this hand is not one of them.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:13 AM

stop playing like a little girl
Old 01-11-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no one talks like that here, but also no one talks like you, you piece of horse [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moron: Yeah?
Hero: Yeah.
Hero: FU
Moron: FU2
Hero: Yeah?
Moron: Yeah.
Hero: STFU
Moron: U STFU
Hero: You're a moron.
Moron: U2
Hero: No, U STFU.
Moron: I said it first.
Hero: No, I said it first.
Moron: STFU
Moron: Moron.
Hero: Your a moron.

You see where this is going, Moron? NO FRIGGIN WARE! STFU!

Onaflag.............
Old 01-11-2005, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero: Yeah.
Hero: FU
Moron: FU2
Hero: You're a moron.
Moron: U2
Moron: I said it first.
Hero: No, I said it first.
Moron: STFU
Moron: Moron.
Hero: Your a moron.

You see where this is going, Moron? NO FRIGGIN WARE! STFU!

Onaflag.............

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is a tad hypocritical. If you want to stop why are you provoking more conflict? This post is nothing more then the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:22 AM

You really need to play this more aggressively. Against a multi-way pot i understand calling the flop to see a a non-flush card and then raise the turn to knock people out, but against one opponent, i would try to get in as many bets as I can on the flop, especially with over six SB's in the pot and a chance at backdoor nut flush. You shouldnt worry about that flush so much against a single opponent. Also, by betting when the flush draw does arise, you might knock out a straight draw
Old 01-11-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Everyone wants to raise the flop. Why?

No one has given a good reason aside from the fact that the Hero has Aces.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Results...

My line of thought:

Preflop: Due to the actions preflop, I put my opponent on the following hands with approximate percentages:

KK 40%
QQ 40%
JJ 10%
AK 5% (I do hold two AA, and opponents rarely 4-bet this)
AA 1% (I hold AA)
Other 4%

Flop: On just about any ragged flop, I'd raise his flop bet, call a 3-bet and raise the turn regardless of what came. The flop on board changed my plans. About 50% of what I put him on had me beat. So it was a "way ahead" or "way behind" scenario. Like anyone probably guessed, I was committed to going to the river heads up, so my goal was to maximize my winnings if I'm ahead and minimize my losses if I'm behind. So there is little reason to raise the flop. If he has KK, it will cost me more to see the river, and if I raise, I give him the opportunity to fold QQ. The only scenario it's right is if he has AK, which according to what I put him on, is not likely.

Turn: Now I have the nut flush draw, and he checked to me. This is where my "no-limit mentality" hurt me (I've been working on my full ring no-limit game in recent months). In no-limit, it's proper to check behind here, because I would be forced to fold to a massive check-raise. But this being limit, I should bet here and be willing to call down even if check-raised by KK. I do hold the nut card that prevents him from being supremely confident.

River: He bets, and I call. Given the way it played out on the turn, I really like sfer's idea to raise the river and get paid off by QQ.

So I felt I made one mistake: Either I need to bet the turn and the river, or given the girlish way I played the turn, I need to sack up and raise the river. Good analysis, sfer.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

And to the person who offered "tough love" by hoping I lost the hand. I'm sorry to disappoint him. The opponent showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I took it down.

Garland