Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-29-2004, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Any regulars wanna help me out?

Why don't you do what every other 2+2 poster with one post does with their web site and heartly recommend any site that puts a banner on your site.

Fantastic.

Lori
Old 12-29-2004, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I may very well play at some of the sites that posters suggest if they ever get around to posting usefull information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing. There's already a whole lot of those sites out there. A few of them are very good, most of them suck and just shameless banner farms.

In almost every case, those sites are funded by banner ads associated with whichever poker sites are being reviewed. In this manner, it is a commericial site, designed to be profitable to the operator of the site.

Many people have opinions about sites and/or could provide a decent review of a site, but they are not going to spend the time posting it to help somebody's commericial website venture, which will generate yet another in the long list of poker review sites.

A lot of posters here want to help people, but most of them are not going to see this as a benefit to the poker community as much as one person's attempt to cash in on some affiliate income.

In the event that are truly interested in providing useful content and reviews, I would suggest doing your own research, trying out all the sites yourself, and studying the mountains of info and conversations about these sites here and on other forums. What your are asking comes across as asking someone to research a term paper for you, so that you don't have to do the hard work and research yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not going to be just a poker room review site.If it was I would of course thoroughly research every poker room from the small details to the big ones.My site will offer much more valuable information to help players improve their game than the average poker site and has a higher function than just listing poker rooms and links.I only want to list the best poker rooms and am aware of what those rooms most likely are and just really need some confirmation that what I know is correct.I do not want to take any risks in recomending a bad poker room and am trying to cover all my bases.I am not just pawning off my work onto you,I am just double checking so that I can comfortably list some other poker rooms.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:33 PM

Call Dutch Boyd, anything He is involved in has to be all right.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:34 PM

A few years back I was playing in the 2-4 PL game at UB. The game was pretty wild and pots frequently were hundred + preflop. I happened to flop a set and bet the pot because there was a flush draw on the board. Everyone folded except for one player who instead of calling my bet, happened to get 'disconnected'. He was put all-in, of course he had the flush draw, made his flush, and took down the big pot without having to call my flop bet. I was furious about the circumstances involved in this hand so I exchanged a few e-mails with the UB support to no avail. I mentioned that anyone could yank their cord rather than make the tough decision but they said that was their policy. I cashed out and didn't play there again. They may have changed their all-in rules now and I hope they have, I don't know because I haven't been back. At Paradise your hand is folded if you don't act in time, regardless of whether you get disconnected or not. I think this is a better rule to maintain the integrity of the game. Those with poor connections may disagree with me and I do see it the other way too, but the way that particular hand went down at UB, I think all-ins are a terrible idea. At the time, their rake was higher than that of Paradise too, but I don't know how they compare now.
Paradise Poker is a great site. They have all kinds of games, lots of players at all hours, popular tournaments of various kinds, and I feel like their card deal is honest. Their support is always very prompt about getting back to players over any concerns too.
I don't like the way the Party software looks but playing there was fine too, lots of games, lots of players, and good customer support.
I don't mean to be so down about UB, I'm just telling my experience. I laughed hard when I was reading Hellmuth's book and he said that UB was the only site he would recommend...of course he would say that.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:56 PM

About the last thing we need is another poker site with online recommendations, let alone one where they are done by someone who has never even played most sites. How can you think you can intelligently make a recommendation when you have such a little sample to compare it to ??
Old 12-29-2004, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About the last thing we need is another poker site with online recommendations, let alone one where they are done by someone who has never even played most sites. How can you think you can intelligently make a recommendation when you have such a little sample to compare it to ??

[/ QUOTE ]
I have said in a previous post that this site is going to be much more than just an online poker room reviews and recomendations site.In fact that will be a very small part of my content and I was just looking for some sort of feedback about poker rooms other than poker stars,party poker,paradise poker, and ultimate bet to help decide if I want to give my visitors more poker rooms to choose from.I am not building some shabby two bit run of the mill site.I obviously made mistakes in describing the intent of my post and reasons.Next time I will make sure to fully explain everything in much more detail.