Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 10-19-2004, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Did Gus piss Doyle off?

When I saw that i laughed, awsome on doyles part i think all of them where tired of his chasing cause im sick of gus's shotty get lucky play, it was really good to see one of the older guys win it for once talk about unlucky for t.j. my god he can't catch a break.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Did Gus piss Doyle off?

I don't think he played the hand horribly. That is not what anybody is talking about. Sure, he got lucky and backed into two pair when Doyle tryed to trap him, it happens. Doyle got what he wanted, Gus made a second best hand on the turn. The hand wasn't played horribly by either player(though some might say Doyle's play was bad).
Old 10-20-2004, 05:07 AM

Default Re: it\'s very likely Doyle could\'ve been somewhat...

[ QUOTE ]
perturbed. from the episodes i've seen, Gus has gotten lucky a whole lot of times with inferior hands. even if you chalk it up to the other players ALLOWING him to get lucky by not betting enough or checking when they should bet, it still must be frustrating to see him keep catching cards the win everytime with the second best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with you on Gus Hansens "Luck." I've said it before and I'll say it again, Gus Hansen plays some of the most "Crappiest" hands and wins! Incredible!! Guts and Rotsa Ruck. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2004, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I totally agree with you on Gus Hansens "Luck." I've said it before and I'll say it again, Gus Hansen plays some of the most "Crappiest" hands and wins! Incredible!! Guts and Rotsa Ruck. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree! Come on, what makes this punk think that he can play T7o and win? Doesn't he know that every poker text book says you should play tight and aggressive and only play the best starting hands? He's a damn lucky fool, and he'll go broke in two months if not sooner. He's insulting all of the best tight/aggressive poker players by winning with T7o. At least they know that you can't win with T7o. Someone tell Gus "The Great Lucky Bastard Dane" Hansen that so that we, the tight/aggressive players, can continue playing by the book.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree! Come on, what makes this punk think that he can play T7o and win? Doesn't he know that every poker text book says you should play tight and aggressive and only play the best starting hands? He's a damn lucky fool, and he'll go broke in two months if not sooner. He's insulting all of the best tight/aggressive poker players by winning with T7o. At least they know that you can't win with T7o. Someone tell Gus "The Great Lucky Bastard Dane" Hansen that so that we, the tight/aggressive players, can continue playing by the book.

[/ QUOTE ]

[While certainly everyone 'gets lucky' at times, Gus's luck in the PSI has been exceptional. If you can't tell the difference between the occasional draw out and what Gus's run in that series then you are the one who needs to pick up the math book.]

you can't explain it better than that.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[While certainly everyone 'gets lucky' at times, Gus's luck in the PSI has been exceptional. If you can't tell the difference between the occasional draw out and what Gus's run in that series then you are the one who needs to pick up the math book.]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you think he's lucky because you don't remember when the other people get lucky and because you hate Gus Hansen, so you don't want to admit that you're wrong. Lederer is the luckiest poker player right now.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:17 PM

As seen by your "analysis" in another thread, you don't show much understanding of tournament poker, or even poker in general.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As seen by your "analysis" in another thread, you don't show much understanding of tournament poker, or even poker in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your reply in another thread you don't even know what luck is.

BTW, you lost all your money so don't try to tell me I don't know anything about poker. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2004, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I have to agree with that. His system for determining someone's "luck" was not even close to scientific.

I also agree that it's tough to fight the math of how lucky Gus has gotten in the PSI. The problem is he would tell you how lucky he has gotten too. So most likely cowpie would end up having a more positive analysis of Gus's play than Hansen himself. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2004, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your reply in another thread you don't even know what luck is.

BTW, you lost all your money so don't try to tell me I don't know anything about poker. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I lost ALL my $$ huh? Funny that I'm still playing $200 SNG's and am up 7k this month VERY part time WITH terrible luck. Call me when you get above 3/6 limit or $20 buyin SNG's, k?