Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-15-2004, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Pushing happy Larrys too hard?

If you have him betting a large number of hands, then its incorrect not to raise, simply because he will call you, and on the later streets as well, that makes more money than just calling the whole way.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have him betting a large number of hands, then its incorrect not to raise, simply because he will call you, and on the later streets as well, that makes more money than just calling the whole way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I diasgree with this too. It is much more likely for him to continue betting his absolute junk hands than it is for him to call your flop raise and to then call your late street bets with those same hands. By raising the flop you are allowing him to fold the turn against you.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:56 PM

I like how you played this. Flop raise is absolutely required. Against a player like this, going into calldown after the C/R is fine. A fold would only be correct against a tighter or more conservative opponent.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:59 PM

I think you are over estimating his ability to bet junk hands. He is descrbied as loose, not a LAG moron who bets 62o
Old 10-15-2004, 01:11 PM

This sequence is perfectly reasonable for someone as described to play when holding QTo, or even T7. The flop raise was good, the call from BB suggests a Q with a soso kicker at most. I don't think you win this often enough to call down to the river after the C/R, unless the guy is truly bad.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is loose agressive preflop (50+VP$P, PFR 15) and defends both blinds 100% of the time.
Postflop he tones it down a bit but is not passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going with the read provided.

I think he will bet a large range of hands on the flop here based on this information. I have yet to run across a LAG pre-flop player who sees >50% of the flop who will not proceed to bet a lot of flops. He isn't connecting with all those flops. I'm not talking about hands like 62 exactly but hands like T9 or 69 or 58 or other such junk hands like A5.

No way does this guy see 50%+ flops, play LAG pre-flop, and then slow down on the flop and only bet when he has a piece or a strong draw. I'm not buying it.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:17 PM

as played, I think you're beat on the turn and I probably lay it down. what does everyone think about checking the turn and calling/raising the river?

--turnipmonster
Old 10-15-2004, 01:25 PM

according to the poster he slows down post flop, not as being a retard who bets nothing.

I think its more likely given his high flop sees, that he is betting a hand like A7, a smaller pockert pair, a flush draw....all hands you want to raise against
Old 10-15-2004, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its more likely given his high flop sees, that he is betting a hand like A7, a smaller pockert pair, a flush draw....all hands you want to raise against

[/ QUOTE ]

So how much do we actually gain from raising against those hands vs. how much extra we lose when are behind?

When hes behind hes drawing to 3 to 9 outs. When were behind were drawing to 2 outs. Thus by raising were losing a lot when were behind, but gaining only a little when were ahead. Do you think were ahead much more than 50% of the time on this flop?

Listen to MarkD, he speaks the truth.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:23 PM

i think we are ahead of villain over 50% of the time on this flop, when he leads into us.