Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2004, 11:47 AM

Default Applying a concept made easy?

4/8 Live.

Just sat down, zero reads. Well, that's not true, I knew a couple of the players. The only player I knew in this hand was a middle-aged lady who is wonderfully loose-passive. I love her, I really do. In fact, I had changed tables just so I could sit with her. Anyway...

Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Hero raises, some folds, MP calls, some more folds, Button, SB, and BB call.

5 players to a flop of 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets, Hero calls (?), MP folds, button calls, SB calls.

4 players to the turn, A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets (he's almost all-in), Hero raises, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

3 to the river which was a blank of blankity-blank. Check, bet, fold, BB raises his last two chips. I contemplate. Haha, no I don't, I call immediately.

BB shows A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and MHIG.

I was planning on raising the turn no matter what fell. Help me out here - should I be raising the turn even if a diamond falls? Obviously the perfect card made things a lot easier. Was this a good application of this concept or should I just go ahead and raise the flop?