Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2004, 09:03 PM

Default Hand Critique Needed - Big Hand Early - What does my opponent have?

OK, here's the situation. Its fairly early on in the tournament. Here's my thought process. The hand has been bothering me for several days. Let me know what you think of my play after the flop, turn, and especially the river.

Late position limps so I assume no big hands, like AA, KK, or AK (its late position). Probably not QQ, JJ, TT, KQ, QJ etc. either. I flop a big hand (?) and don't think it is too vulnerable to a card (at the time) so I bet small with the intention of betting pot on the after the turn. Didn't think about JT being possible at the time. I'm raised, I reraise. I'm putting him on top pair at best, say K7 or A rag. Turn comes with now a 4 flush and JT hit the straight if its there. At the time, I'm still convinced he has top pair. So I bet pot expecting a fold and get a call. I still think I've got the best hand. Looking at the replay, this hand is very vulnerable but I'm still learning and I can't believe I don't have the best hand. Last card A comes and I think I can make a little more because he may have hit his A. I bet, he reraises and now I know I've lost but call because if my first instinct on the hand was I had the best of it early.

Regardless of the outcome, I'm thinking I ignored to many hands that crush me. What do you think my opponent has? Should I have called the last raise.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (8 handed) converter

MP2 (t770)
CO (t1750)
Button (t895)
Hero (t695)
BB (t800)
UTG (t1490)
UTG+1 (t800)
MP1 (t800)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls t15, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t45) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t15</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises to t50</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t85</font>, CO calls t35.

Turn: (t215) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t215</font>, CO calls t215.

River: (t645) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises to t400</font>, Hero calls t180 (All-In).

Final Pot: t1425
<font color="green">Main Pot: t1405 (t1405), between CO and Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: t20 (t20), returned to CO.</font>