Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2004, 05:13 PM

Default Calling a huge raise with AKo

Just sat down at a new game just starting at Ocean's Eleven. No limit, 5/5 blinds, everyone has bought in for the max $500 and only a round or two has passed so all stacks are pretty even. The table is obnoxiously tight and I am already looking around the room to see if there is another game I can move to.
UTG I am dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raise to $25. It is folded to the button who makes it $100. I have no reads on anyone at the table as the game has just started and all the guys I have played with before are at another game. I call the $100. This is where my friend starts yelling at me afteward, about how that is a crappy call with AK. Anyway, the board is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. He immidiately moves all in for his last 300ish and I call immidiately. Is this not the flop that I would most hope for? This results in a big argument in the parking lot with my same friend who is telling me that I should be worried about him having aces and should have folded to his preflop raise and such. I don't think I played it very aggressively, just how I thought it should have bee played.