Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2004, 03:02 PM

Default 53o BB 5 way action and 1 bet to close the action.

I’ve started looking at these hands a little differently and I would appreciate some direction.

UTG open raises for first time I recall in 20 hands or so I’ve been at the table.

I call one bet to close 5 way action (pretty typical for this table preflop) in the BB.
Good or Bad?

Flop J24 rainbow. I check UTG bets, all call. I’m stuck in this spot because I feel 90% sure if the ace comes I’m getting a big payoff but on the other hand I get the feeling that my ACE outs are reduced by the number of limpers and the UTG.
Did I miss a bet?

Turn rags off with a fourth suit, 8 I think. So, no flush draw, no Broadway cards. My outs are thin 5 maybe 6 if my read is good. UTG bets all call.

The river is irrelevant because this is not intended to be a “look what a great job I did spanking big cards with junk” post. I’m normally pretty tight in the blinds but when the UTG raises and I’m the preflop cutoff I’m loosening up with some junk. Not big-card little-card, almost always dominated AKQx junk but 1 & 2 gappers and some suited rags occasionally.

I’m not suggesting that any two will due in this situation but it seems to come up enough to make it worth asking the question.

Is there a certain group of junk hands that show a profit in the spot?

Thanks
Best of Luck