Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2004, 07:12 PM

Default Re: NFL betting - tips?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you play two games and go 1-1 you lose juice, If I play 3 games I have a better chance of going 2-1 and coming out ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this. You also have a better chance of going 1-2. It is a long season. Why would it matter if you go 1-1 this week, for example, and 2-0 next week? You would still be up on the season. And if you are a losing bettor (i have no idea whether you are or aren't) you are going to lose either way. I have no idea if you play poker, I assume you do, but sports betting is no different. It is one long season; just like it is one long poker game. In fact, to give this advice to a losing player (of never betting 2 games) is a bad idea. Because, his money will most likely not last as long and he won't get to have "fun" throughout the whole season. I just see this as faulty "money management" advice; like setting stop-losses, etc... Just my two cents. Any thoughts appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't worry about individual weeks. Focus on being a winning bettor overall. If you're 1-1 on point spread games in week 1, you had a losing week, who cares? The important thing is to be betting with an advantage within your bankroll, and that means making profitable bets where you find them, regardless of whether you make an odd or even number of bets each week.