Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2004, 10:01 PM

Default Bally\'s $200NL hand that bothers me-review

I know this wasn't from a sng but I post here mostly and like and respect the feedback I get from some regulars here so I am crossposting.I was playing at the Bally's $100 minimum $200 maximum NL table with blinds of 1/2 recently and this hand came up. The table opened within the hour and all players have close to the full stack. I've been thinking of it for awhile and wondering if I made the right decisions or if I overplayed my hand and didn't get value for it. Anyways review it and comment please.

I am in bigblind and am dealt Q2 hearts. It is limped around the table with 7 out of nine callers so obviously I check. The flop comes J84 all of hearts. I decide to bet out and play this one fast as the table is almost overly deceptive with lots of checkraising, slowplaying etc so I don't think the others will put me on flush if I go out fast(hoping they think jack). I bet out $10 and get two callers when the guy on the button raises it up to $50. I think for awhile about what he has and what the others have. I think either two pair, set, top pair with the Ace hearts kicker would be likely hands but I don't think I'm beat yet. I decide I don't want to let him draw to a better flush or boat so I raise. Here is the part that is bothering me. I decide to reraise him so I pushed in the rest of my stack which was $147 more dollars for him to call. The two callers fold and the raiser thinks for a long time and folds his two pair.
My question is was the push too much and I didn't get value for my hand or was this a good move to stop an outdraw. Is he getting good odds to hit a possible better flush(as this was what I put him on A hearts J) if I just raised him back $50 more? What about flat calling his raise and then leading out again hoping to be reraised and then putting him in if a blank hits. How would you play it and think about it.