Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2004, 09:55 PM

Default HU against a 2+2er end of s/g

ok here we go! me against mackthefork end of a 2 table s/g on stars. we are good friends and play these all the time. also we have played 10 HU matches or so. so we each have each other pretty well read (or so he thinks lol).

i had around 9500 in chips and he had 17k or so. blinds 400/800 a50. we have been playing for 5 hands or so HU mostly just calling the bb and the action was being dont post flop until this hand....

he raised to 2450(i knew he had nothing because of the raise. if he had a hand he would play it totally different) so i pushed with 9500 with 47o and he waited for a bit and called 6800 with 89h.

ok he someone thinks this is a good call and he will post his reply after this, BUT i think this is a horrible call.
1) even if i have t2 in my hand i am ahead! it is very likely i will have AT LEAST one over card. meaning he is calling expecting a 60/40!
2) if he folds he still has a 3k chip lead (i know he called because he is scurrrrrred going hu with me having only a 3k chip lead!)
3) i could have easily had a hand and had him very badly dominated. if he loses this, i have over a 2-1 chip advantage and pretty much an easy win!

now you can listen to his ''argument'' on a horrible call imo! lol

edit - he is going to say he had the right odds to call blah blah. but you cant think of odds now. if he loses its pretty much over... this is totally situational and odds dont apply because you just need to win this hand not long term. you cant afford to lose this hand!