Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2004, 12:50 PM

Default Bluffing

In addition to presenting an interesting problem, this post also describes a fairly nasty beat i put on regular poster LA_Price. Enjoy.

Party $25 PLO, I have about $20, LA_Price, with his typical high quality play has built a substantial stack. I'm in the BB, and he raises the pot from UTG+1. several other callers, i also call with QQxx, single suited. flop comes T88, 2 diamonds (not my suit). It's checked to LA_Price, who puts in a bet of around $8. At this point, i have him almost 100% on AAxx. It's folded around to me, and i decide to depart from my ABC-tight play and put a move on him, figuring that if i check-raise all-in, he'll have no choice but to lay down his AA to my represented trips or better.

Questions: Is this a reasonable play? I was concerned that if he held Axd, he might call anyways, even if he believed i had trips. Does that weaken the play too much?

Results: Well, of course, he had AA8x and called instantaneously, and I spiked a Q on the turn and took down a healthy pot.