Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2004, 04:15 PM

Default Poker and parents

Instant messenger convo with Mom. I've seen stories like this before but they were usually from much younger players. Note that I'll be 38 soon and haven't lived with her in a long time. I guess this was brought on by the fact that she wanted to invite me over on my birthday and instead I am using it as an excuse to get out of work and head up to Foxwoods for a 4-day weekend. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-----

Mom: Tim, something has been on my mind. Are you doing ok with the gambling. Do I need to worry about you?
Me: no
Mom: Don't be a smart ass. You know what I mean. Is it a problem. [Your step-father] said that if you were losing you would just stop.
Me: i've won so much so far i can't see losing
(I didn't mention this, but I'd have to lose my current 300+BB bankroll 3 times over, or the deposit i built it from 25 times over, to wind up in the red)
Mom: Ok well just be careful because thats when you are vulnerable. When you think you can't lose.
Me: well, i don't know what i could say if anything to make you more comfortable, you'll just have to trust that i know what i'm doing
Mom: I do but since I had not talked to you about it, I did not know where you were at.

-----

Anyway, I didn't even bother to try to explain, because I know it's impossible. Anything you say just sounds like the same rubbish real compulsive gamblers say. Or if you try to show winning stats it just looks like you've been on a lucky run for a while to someone who doesn't understand the math.